Please join Eco-Chick and EcoCult for an evening of brilliant conversation with leaders in the ethical design world for Our Sustainable Future: How the Coming Circular Economy will Change Fashion, Cars, and Buildings for the (Much) Better
When: November 3, 2016, 6:30-9:30pm
Where: 5 West 28th St. 8th Floor, New York, NY 10001 (between B'Way and 5th).
What if making stuff not only had less impact, but had none—or even improved our air, water, or soil? The next step in sustainable production is the circular economy. We are leaving behind the old ideas of make, use, dispose and the wasteful world that is the result of that tired, linear thinking. The future is one in which products are made transparently; are built to last; hold value throughout their use phase; and at end-of-life can be transformed, recovered, or otherwise improve the environment.
In a wide-ranging discussion with some of the top leaders in the automotive, fashion, and built-environment fields, Eco-Chick and EcoCult bring you a discussion with four innovative leaders who are already leading us into the circular future.
Please RSVP here:: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/our-sustainable-future-a-circular-design-conversation-tickets-28647040068
- Lewis Perkins - Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute President, who will discuss circular design across disciplines
- Anna Gedda - Head of Sustainability, H&M Group
- Mari Kay Scott - Executive Director Global Environmental Compliance, General Motors, who will discuss GM's innovation in circular materials
- Maxine Bédat - CEO and Co-Founder, Zady, who will discuss how fashion could make better use of circular design principles
- Ammr Vandal - Associate Principal, NArchitects; who will discuss the Micro apartment Concept and other sustainably-minded projects.
Eco-Chick's founder, Starre Vartan, will be moderating.
Healthy bites by SweetGreen, drinks from Health-Ade Kombucha, cocktails by Owl's Brew, event space provided by Splacer.