A material of this caliber cannot help but appeal in particular to high-end suppliers and manufacturers with the highest ecological aspirations.
Cradle to Cradle brings you a smart solution to traditional chrome tanning. wet-green® is a tanning agent that's Cradle to Cradle Certified™ GOLD Level: That means it's safe for our environment, fresh-water supplies and the communities that use it.
How is that possible? wet-green's primary ingredient is a natural olive leaf extract-which makes leather soft and flexible for use in fashion and elsewhere—without adversely impacting the environment. Extracting the leaves (a by-product of olive growing) is also renewable—it doesn't even harm the olive tree itself.
wet-green's tanning process can be used on any type of leather. The tanned material is soft and durable (just like you need it to be), and it can be used for apparel, accessories, furniture, sports equipment, car seats, and...anywhere else soft, supple leather is needed. It has an amazing hand feel.
wet-green® can either provide the tanning agent and system to your tannery, or they can tan your leather for you at the wet-green® factory in the case of smaller batches and certain special articles. It's up to you.
wet-green® is Cradle to Cradle Certified™ GOLD Level, which means that:
- All ingredients are assessed down to 100 parts per million.
- The product contains no substances known or suspected to cause cancer, birth defects, genetic damage, or reproductive harm (CMRs)
- Product/materials are designed to be safely and perpetually recycled
- Water leaving facility does not contain any hazardous chemicals
- Products/material produced with at least 50% renewable energy
- Operations are designed to ensure safety of all people and natural systems affected by the creation, use, disposal or reuse of a product